Friday, September 17, 2010

Bald is beautiful!

I love being bald! My hair has fallen out due to chemotherapy I am undergoing to kill all those hidden cancer cells that may be left in my body. My official medical status is "no evidence of the disease", but I am not taking any chances and I am going the extra mile to improve my survival rates.

I got in the shower and reached up to wet my hair to shampoo it and it still surprised me to find Velcro. I am saving on shampoo and conditioner, but I still use them because I like the strawberry fragrance and I don't want my head feeling left out by not getting any attention.  Now I am waiting for the pits and legs and a few other choice places to become hairless (and any of you western civilization ladies out there, not to mention drag queens and bicyclists, know what I am talking about).

This leads me to my random thought for today: what are the orthodox Jewish women and burque wearing women who have to cover their heads in public feeling about this? How many of them long for the freedom I possess?

I am really digging on this peaceful, breezy feeling and may stay this way for the rest of my days!

I know it doesn't matter to my dear, loving, supportive husband, Mark, whose family is known for their follicle challenged heritage.  I now officially have less hair than the lot!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting comment -- I am guessing waxing salons might not do so well in Theran. . .Unless they do back waxes. Then they can make a killing.

    Sorry. Totally un-PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm willing to bet they wish to bare more than their heads.... but then again I am not a gambling woman... LOL They would certainly be jealous of you and rightfully so!

    ReplyDelete