Saturday, April 28, 2012

has anyone missed me?

wow, it has been close to six months since i last wrote!

this time two years ago i was going through my breast cancer diagnosis and surgery and all the decisions and life changing thoughts that go with having this disease. reconstruction, chemotherapy, will i live or die? what a roller coaster it was for the longest time.  and still is.  every time i do a self exam i second and third guess whether or not that is a lump or from fat necrosis.  mark tempers me and calms me down and assures me that it will all be ok.  i would not have been able to get through this if not for him. i wish everyone had a mark. i would clone him and pass the faux marks to everyone!

i want everyone who has dealt with this, is dealing with this or will ever have to deal with this that my heart is with you! and that you know you are not alone and that it is not a death sentence. please continue to get your mammograms and do your self checks. guys too. and let the one you are closest to help so they know your body as good as you and can reassure you when you need it!

thank you for reading and listening to my words!

2 comments:

  1. yes, but I've missed everyone because I am very very very behind on writing and reading.

    Thank God for FACEBOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not on facebook, so I look forward to you continuing this blog!
    Best,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete