Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Faygo, Better Made and Chopstick Inn

These are three of my all time favorite things.  Faygo pop (fruit punch, redpop, rock n rye and root beer are my preferences, in that order), Better Made chips (rainbow, which are the burnt ones, and no salt added are my choices for these) and Chopstick Inn (a Chinese restaurant owned by a former high school classmate that has THE best egg rolls ever!).  I miss all of them because they are in Michigan and I live in Utah.

Faygo and Better Made fixes can be fed by the internet, I can order them online.  But the egg rolls entail a trip back east.  So it is time for a visit.  The bonus is getting to see my family and friends I had to leave behind when Mark and I made our trek west due to the economy and his job opportunity out here in Salt Lake City.

Don't get me wrong, I love it out here.  I am practicing for hitting the road when we retire, so this is home now for at least the next few years.  I am making new friends in the crew that works for Mark and they are welcoming us with open arms.  They are more than supportive in my health issues and Mark having to take time off for my surgery and my chemo and my various and sundry doctor appointments.  And his absences when he takes me back to Michigan for my visits.

But there is no place like home.  I have the best of both worlds, though, and I have no complaints.

Just give me my comfort foods.

3 comments:

  1. If you are going to take a trip back east, come down to Cali first and get me so I can see my dad and my cats, k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is to fall in love with the local foods.

    I don't miss pizza so much when I am enjoying a breakfast taco.

    What are the signature foods in Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, trying to get my mom to fall in love with something besides those three blogged items is like trying to teach a four week old kitten how to prepare and serve a five-star three course meal in Las Vegas. Lol.

    ReplyDelete