Saturday, September 18, 2010

Skinny people p*ss me off!

Not sure what the rules are so i replaced the i in the above word with * so I don't get kicked off of here before I get started.

Anybody remember Marsha Warfield? Skinny people piss me off was one of her stand up routines. I don't remember it word for word, but I think it went a little like this:  Skinny people piss me off, they don't deserve to eat..."oh, I forgot to eat"...how can you forget to eat, bitch?

Sorry, bad memory and bad interpretation, but, basically, she was saying that she, as a larger lady, would never forget to eat, because she ate all the time, it was something that she couldn't control.  Now keep in mind here what I said about my opinion.  After all, I don't know Marsha personally, or her eating habits.  It may really have been strictly a comedy bit.  She may have been skinny herself and wore a fat suit when she worked.

What I am trying to say is that skinny people may just not have an appetite.  I don't most of the time right now due to the chemo.  Sometimes it is a struggle to eat anything.  And when I do eat, most of the time it tastes like cardboard because my taste buds are messed up.  Think I am losing weight because of it, no such luck.  The bathroom scale is showing me fluctuating up and down within the same three pounds or so. And this is a brand new scale.

No worries, I think it is because I am not walking up and down the four flights of stairs like I was in the habit of doing back in the days when I had energy (another side effect of the chemo, but I will save that subject for another blog).

I have lost approximately 45 to 50 pounds in the last year after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (another blog subject) due to changes in diet.  I still eat mostly the same things, just smaller portions and healthier choices.  Nobody is going to stop me from drinking Faygo and eating Better Made (when I can get them, but that is yet another blog subject). Nor will they stop me from eating chocolate.  I just watch the amount, cause it is in the carb count, too!

I would like to say that it is due to exercise, too, but the only significant change is the stairs and that ain't happening too much lately!  My major exercise is getting up and going to the bathroom, cause the chemo is giving me a slight bladder infection that makes me think I have to pee when I really don't, sort of like pregnancy without the morning sickness. Oh wait, the chemo gave me that, too.  But they gave me really good drugs to stop it and there is no baby to harm. I love pharmaceuticals!

I also had a tummy tuck to provide tissue for my breast reconstruction.  You would think I would have lost weight there, but it was basically a 'take it from this part of the body and put it in this part of the body' thing.  I did get to see my pubic area for the first time in over 25 years, but no major weight loss was involved.  I didn't change cup size either, but I paid Mark off so he wouldn't mind it.

Wow, do I ramble!  I guess what I am trying to say is, skinny people don't piss me off, cause I can sympathize with them. I forgot to eat!

1 comment:

  1. They don't piss me off either.

    The ones who piss me off are sanctmonious former-fatties aka Jillian Michaels. If I can do it, so can you. BULLSHEET.

    You, my love, must feed your body what it needs right now. Mostly that will be healthy food and you have done so incredible well on that front. But if anyone deserves a little comfort food right now, it's you.

    In fact, in solidarity to you, I am going to eat some chips & queso. Right Now! Just for you! (I'll try to follow your example & watch my portions, but no promises.)

    ReplyDelete