Saturday, September 18, 2010

My BFF Mary A

This will not be a lengthy post, just a shout out to my hero, Mary A.

She is my husband's cousin. We have never met in person, but I would know her because I have a picture of her face engraved in my brain. We have never talked on the phone, but I am sure I would recognize the Chicagoland twang.  If we had grown up together, we would be thick as thieves.  She would MAKE me be a girly girl and wear makeup and do my hair, because she loves that stuff and she would not let me be too lazy to dress up and strut my stuff. She lives in Texas. I live in Utah. We will meet in the near future because she is going to let Mark and me camp in her driveway when we retire and hit the road in our fifth wheel camper. But this has nothing to do with why she is my hero.

She is my hero because she sticks up for me against cancer. She is my staunchest supporter. She blogs and tells the world that cancer is not going to get me. And I believe her. And I love her. And I would not know what to do without her now that she is so deep in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero -- for your courageous battle against cancer, for the passionate love you have for your husband, for the family you make wherever you go--- even in cyberspace!

    I enjoy your blog! You have a very sincere voice.

    We'll meet IRL very soon!

    ReplyDelete